- This event has passed.
Offline Valentine | Melbourne
Thursday, February 14th 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Are you ready to find love? Looking for a real connection?
Join us this coming Valentine’s Day and meet your match.
7:30pm Arrival You’ll be greeted by our friendly hosts and marked off the attendance list. We’ll introduced you to other people. Feel free to mingle with singles. Ice-breakers on offer and 36 questions distributed. Enjoy your complimentary beverage and some delicious finger food.
8:15pm Pre-matched pairs take a seat for one hour to share their Q&As as provided. Pot Luck guests are invited to find a random match, or participate in a group. Random matches can also be assigned by hosts upon request. Staff will top up drinks during the hour. Punch (or similar) will be served.
9:15pm Participants are invited to gaze silently into their matches eyes for 1-2 minutes to complete the exercise.
9:20pm Everyone laughs off the experiment, and continues to mingle, nibble and drink. Share your experiences with others. Go over questions that you didn’t have time to answer. Have fun with it!
10:30pm Official event end. You’re invited to continue socialising in this amazing venue with the people you met.
- Dress code: Wear something nice yet comfortable. Neat and tidy.
Psychologists designed a series of 36 questions to generate close connections between people.
Read the 36 questions (linked below). These questions have resulted in love and marriage.
‘Match Me‘: $123.73 (we match you)
‘Pot Luck‘: $79 (no matching, but potential for free upgrade if close match with “Match Me” candidate)
- Mojo, Social-Lite, Social-Plus and Social-Ultra members enjoy $10-$30 discounts!
- 3 hour hosted event with ice-breaker
- Nibbles & complimentary drinks (fancy cocktail and punch)
- A casual 1 hour seated Q&A session, questions provided
- Opportunity to mingle with up to 99 other singles before and after the one hour Q&A session
- Application analysis and 5 minute phone call to help determine your best match (pre-event) – Match Me ticket holders
- Matching based on postcode, age, interests, values, lifestyle choices, physical appearance and sexual orientation etc
- Appropriate venue / space for private conversations to take place
Do I need to be a member of ORGANIC FUSIONS to attend?
No. This event is open to members and non-members.
How can I attend?
- Book a ticket to attend. You’ll receive a confirmation email containing an application form for matching purposes.
- Complete the application form. Your answers will be analysed to see how closely you ‘match’ with full paying “Match Me” applicants.
- Pot Luck ticket holders may upgrade to receive personalised matching for $44.73.
Can I attend without being matched?
- Pot Luck tickets are available to singles who want to mingle and participate without being officially matched. Your match will be random, hence the name ‘pot luck.’ It allows you to experience the 36 questions at a bargain rate. Pot Luck attendees may receive a FREE upgrade if they match with one of our ‘Match Me’ (premium) priced ticket holders.
Do you have any discounts besides the Pot Luck rate for non-matching?
$10 – $30 discounts are available for Mojo, Social-Plus, Social-Lite and Social-Ultra members.
What are the applicants like?
Occupations include: IT Analyst, Ambulance Paramedic, Former radio announcer, Psychologist, Project Coordinator, Primary Teacher, Video Game Streamer, English Teacher, Book editor, Health insurance consultant, Chef, Lawyer and academic, IT Technical Officer, Software Engineer, Gardener/Artist, Accountant, Doctor, Medical scientist, Software and Training Consultant
Rough age range: 19 -60, with most participants falling between 25-45
What type of people suit this event?
This experience is not for everyone. Some questions may cause awkwardness (highly likely) and slight discomfort.
This event is best for:
- Open-minded singles, who love a bit of fun, and are prepared to share their authentic self in a safe space.
- People who like to experiment. This exercise may result in new friendships, short or long term romantic relationships or simply an interesting story to share.
- People who understand there is no obligation or expectation for an actual friendship or relationship to develop as a result of this experience.
- Extroverts and introverts. Dr Arthur Aron’s study concluded that introverts are as successful as extroverts when the intention of developing a connection is set.
- This event is open to straight singles and singles who identify as LGBTIQA+.
- Anyone over 18
- Singles who are ready to invest in an experiment that could be a game changer.
What are the 36 questions?
To read the article (1997), follow this link: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0146167297234003
To simply view the 36 questions, follow this link: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashion/no-37-big-wedding-or-small.html
How many tickets are available?
We aim to have 50 pairs, that is 100 participants. Multiple events on alternate dates (at other locations) may be held according to demand.
Will I be matched with people outside of my postcode?
All singles who apply will be considered for a match regardless of which event they expressed interest in (Melbourne or Geelong). Paid applicants will receive a phone call to discuss preference regarding matching criteria. If distance isn’t an issue for you, then you can be matched locally or further afield, so long as both parties can attend the same event (Geelong or Melbourne).
What happens if you can’t find me a match?
All attendees pay $79 and complete an application form which is assessed for matching. Match Me ticket holders pay an additional $44.73 to be matched. If we cannot find a close match for you, the ‘Match Me’ upgrade of $44.73 is refunded or a credit note given. You’re still able to enjoy the event, meet other singles and participate in the 36 questions with a group or as a random pair. All applicants will be considered for future events of a similar nature. Unsuccessful “Match Me” applicants who paid a $20.82 deposit prior to 24th January 2019, may request to receive a “credit voucher” to be used at any other singles event offered by ORGANIC FUSIONS.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
This event is open to singles 18+.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email email@example.com with subject: “Offline Valentine Feb 14 2019”
What’s the refund policy?
No refunds except on matching portion ($44.73). We start trying to match you once you purchase your ticket and fill in your application form. In addition, your ticket cost covers the cost of ongoing advertising to ensure great attendance. For people registering prior to 24th January 2019, the application fee paid covers the assessment of your application. It is the deposit for your event ticket.
Successful applicants (prior to 24th January) who can no longer attend forfeit their deposit.
Unsuccessful “Match Me” applicants receive a refund for $44.73 or a credit voucher, which can be used for another ORGANIC FUSIONS singles event. This is non-transferable.
A request for refund must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Is my ticket transferrable?
For “Pot Luck” ticket holders, this can be arranged UNLESS a free upgrade has taken place and matching achieved with a full paying attendee. Must be same gender of original ticket holder.
For “Match Me” ticket holders. No. A lot of time, energy and thought is required to match you successfully.
Is the matching done by a dating expert?
Matching is done by the founder of ORGANIC FUSIONS, Sarah. She is a medical professional by day and social events co-ordinator by night, who has been connecting people through fun activities since 2015. Sarah is the friendly hostess of all ORGANIC FUSIONS singles events. She socialises with clients at her events to gain a better understanding of her community members which helps to facilitate connections.
Professional Matching (which is not a service currently offered by ORGANIC FUSIONS) is a lengthy process which takes several hours, and consequently agencies generally charge above $1500 for a minimum service. For Offline Valentine, we charge just $44.73 to match attendees, so expectations should be reasonable.
Is it OK if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
Especially in the case of “Match Me” ticket holders, hand-selected singles are matched according to their application data to ensure a good success rate on account of the ‘matching’ system.
Failure to attend the event (once full payment and confirmation has been made) leads to disappointment for the allocated match who has also invested in this experience.
Failure to attend also reflects poorly on the event organiser / service.
Only those who can commit 100% to this experience should invest in a ticket.
Pot Luck ticket holders should write to email@example.com to request a transfer.
Social Events. Creating Connections.