Dinner & Live Music
Friday, March 1st 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Enjoy some modern Australian cuisine at The Cheeky Squire, whilst listening to live music.
✔️ Opportunity to meet and socialise with singles
✔️ Dinner + live music
✔️ Special diets catered for
✔️ 2 hr hosted event, plus ice-breaker and conversation kick-starters
✔️ Name tags (optional)
✔️ A personalised reminder SMS
✔️ Flexible age bracket (singles older or younger are welcome to join us)
✔️ Mobile free zone
- Scroll down for hints and tips for achieving success at events.
7pm Arrive at The Cheeky Squire and look for the ORGANIC FUSIONS table sign. You’ll be given a name badge (recycle your name card if you’ve been to an event before).
Grab yourself a drink from the bar and join the table. There’ll be an ice-breaker activity to help get conversations started.
Preorder your meal, A – H, upon check out
- A) VEGAN CHICKPEA & EGGPLANT RAGU (v, ve, gf) + fries/dip & flatbread (shared)
- B) SPRING LAMB RAGU
- C) DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER
- D) PALE ALE FISH & CHIPS
- E) PUMPKIN GNOCCHI (v)
- F) CAPRICCIOSA (pizza) + fries/dip & flatbread (shared)
- G) STEAK SANDWICH
- H) ROASTED CARROT & CAULIFLOWER (v, gf)
The host will encourage a shuffling of seats at 7:30pm, just before the meals come out, allowing you to talk to new people.
Pay-as-you-go beverages at the bar. No tabs thanks.
We’ll be seated in the beer hall, close to a live acoustic set. Be aware that the venue does get a bit noisy and is quite busy on Friday nights. Conversations may be a little tricky to hear so be prepared to speak up.
9pm is the official event end when the host (that’s me = Sarah) may choose to depart after collecting the name tags. You’re encouraged to continue enjoying the music with your new friends or perhaps head to the cinema.
Finish the night off with a walk to Well Street to catch a film at Hoyts.
The films are released a few days beforehand. View the Hoyts screening schedule via this link.
TICKET COST (including booking fee)
- $47 = Basic member
- $27 = Dynamo / Livewire / Cosmopolitan pass
- + $5 for late bookings (2 days prior to event)
This isn’t speed dating. Use your initiative during the event; move around and introduce yourself to new people.
- “Have you been to The Cheeky Squire before?”
- “Are you from Bayside or Melbourne?”
- “Are you booked in to attend another ORGANIC FUSIONS event?”
- “Do you like beer better than cider?”
Keep in mind that these are “closed” questions (yes or no answer)… but a good way to start.
Try “open” questions such as:
- “What are your plans for the weekend?”
- “What other ORGANIC FUSIONS events are you planning to go to?”
- “How far did you have to travel to get here?”
“Open” questions require more than a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response.
When you ask someone a question, take interest and listen to their answer… that will often prompt new ideas for questions!
Phone etiquette: If you need to take an important call or text, please excuse yourself from the table / group. This show of courtesy will be well received by those in your group as respectful and polite.
SHARING YOUR DETAILS
Don’t forget to offer your details to the people you meet; GIVE details. Don’t ASK.
I enjoyed our little chat… here’s my number (give business card or your digits written on a piece of paper). If I don’t see you at another event, hopefully we can catch up for another chat or a drink sometime.
Easy! You can also catch up with people through the wing-woman Facebook group.
- We are a social group. We network to make new connections. People join us to make friends, enjoy companionship, have new experiences or to meet someone special.
- ORGANIC FUSIONS is not a matching or dating service. An even amount of males / females is not guaranteed.
- Age brackets are just a guide. Anyone over 18 is welcome to purchase a ticket. We connect by sharing stories and experiences, and by participating in activities of common interest… (not by birth year).
- Group size per age group: 6-20 plus host
- This is an inclusive event. Straight and LGBTQIA+ singles welcome.
- Had a good time? Leave a Facebook and Google review and share with your friends
IF OUT OF STOCK…
Join the waitlist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “WAITLIST Diner & Music Frankston March 2019” – you will be notified if a vacancy arises according to the order received.
Social Events. Creating Connections.