- This event has passed.
Dessert Bar & NightJar
Friday, February 15th 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm48
Got a bit of a sweet tooth? Join us for dessert at Geelong’s favourite, quirky dessert bar, Armageddon Cake, before chilling out at Johnson’s Park for the NightJar festival. Expect live performances, music, buskers, drinks and various international culinary delights. Bring a picnic blanket to sit on.
✔️ Opportunity to meet and socialise with singles
✔️ Large serving of cake (plus any two sides)
✔️ Hot drink (tea, coffee etc)
✔️ 2 hr hosted event & ice-breaker
✔️ Name tags (optional)
✔️ A personalised reminder SMS
✔️ Special diets catered for
✔️ Flexible age (people older/younger are welcome too)
✔️ Mobile free zone
7pm Arrive at Armageddon Cake and look for the ORGANIC FUSIONS table sign. You’ll be greeted by your host and given a name badge (bring your name card if you’ve got one from a pervious event).
Take a seat, grab a menu, and join us for a chat. See below for hints and tips for achieving success at events.
CAKE & COFFEE
Choose your favourite cake and drink combination. Place order at the event.
- Cakes: New York Baked Cheesecake (GF), Death by Chocolate (GF), Double Choc Brownie, Sticky Date Pudding, Apple, cranberrie and sultana crumble, Salted Caramel Mousse Cake, Red Velvet Cake, Raw Vegan Snickers Cheesecake
- Drinks: Iced-coffee, Latte, Chai Latte, Cappuccino, Flat white, Hot chocolate, Red Velvet Latte, Dandelion Chai, Tumeric Chai, Macchiato, English breakfast tea, Earl Grey, Double Mint, Lemon & Ginger, Chamomile, Chai, Green tea, Thrilla in Vanilla
At 8pm we leave Armageddon Cake and take a short walk to the festival.
Entry: $5 cash (not included in your ticket purchase)
The music line up can be found on the NightJar website.
Bring a little pocket money so you can support local artists who sell their wares at the festival. A great place to buy gifts. Check out the stalls you’ll be seeing at NightJar here.
Still hungry? Choose from pizza, smoothies, spring rolls, Turkish cuisine, hamburgers, tacos… and lets enjoy a little picnic together while admiring local artists. See the food options here.
Your host will prepare to depart around 9pm. Please return your plastic name badges (keep the card inside). You are encouraged to continue socialising with your new friends until you’re ready to leave.
- $50 | Basic member / Non-member
- $40 | Mojo
- $20 | Social-Lite, Social-Plus, Social-Ultra
- + $5 late fee (less than 48hours prior to event)
- + EventBrite fees (5% + $0.99c)
- BONUS: 2hrs FREE hosting (Limited offer. Normally $5/hr)
In addition to the meal and/or activity, your ticket covers pre-event costs such as research, vetting venues, planning, organising, insurance, administration & customer service, utilities, marketing, materials & co-ordinating the event to bring everyone together. Membership fees help cover these costs too.
Use your initiative during the event; move around and introduce yourself to new people. Ask questions….
- “Have you been to ‘NightJar Festival’ before?”
- “Are you from Geelong?”
- “Did you go to the old Armageddon Cake cafe?”
- “Are you booked in to attend another ORGANIC FUSIONS event?”
Keep in mind that these are “closed” questions (yes or no answer)… but a good way to start.
Try “open” questions such as:
- “What else did you get up to this week?”
- “What other ORGANIC FUSIONS events are you planning to go to?”
- “How far did you have to travel to get here?”
- “What are your plans for the weekend?”
“Open” questions require more than a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response.
When you ask someone a question, take interest and listen to their answer… that will often prompt new ideas for questions!
Phone etiquette: If you need to take an important call or text, please excuse yourself from the table/group. This show of courtesy will be well received by those in your group as respectful and polite.
SHARING YOUR DETAILS
Don’t forget to offer your details to the people you meet; GIVE details. Don’t ASK.
I enjoyed our little chat… here’s my number (give business card or your digits written on a piece of paper). If I don’t see you at another event, hopefully we can catch up for another chat or a drink sometime.
Easy! You can also catch up with people through the wing-man / wing-woman Facebook groups.
- We are a social group. We network to make new connections. People join us to make friends, enjoy companionship, have new experiences or to meet someone special.
- ORGANIC FUSIONS is not a matching or dating service. An even amount of males / females is not guaranteed.
- Age brackets are just a guide. Anyone over 18 is welcome to purchase a ticket. We connect by sharing stories and experiences, and by participating in activities of common interest… (not by birth year).
- Group size: 6-20 plus host
- This is an inclusive event. Straight and LGBTQIA+ singles welcome.
- Had a good time? Leave a Facebook and Google review and share with your friends.
IF OUT OF STOCK…
Join the waitlist by emailing email@example.com with the subject “WAITLIST (Ages 40-55ish)Dessert Bar & NightJar Feb 2019” – you will be notified if a vacancy arises according to the order received.
Social Events. Creating Connections.