- This event has passed.
Beach Walk + St Kilda Festival
Sunday, February 10th 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Stretch your legs and enjoy fresh conversations with new friends as we walk from Brighton to St Kilda before chilling out at St Kilda festival.
✔️ Opportunity to meet and socialise with singles
✔️ Relaxed walk & talk
✔️ 2.5 hr hosted event, plus ice-breaker
✔️ Name tags (optional)
✔️ A personalised reminder SMS
✔️ Flexible age bracket (people younger/older are welcome to join us)
✔️ Mobile free zone
- Scroll down for hints and tips for achieving success at events.
3pm Arrive at outside Brighton Beach Station (the side if you were to catch a train TO Melbourne). You’ll be given a name badge (recycle your name card if you’ve been to an event before).
There’ll be an ice-breaker activity to help get conversations started.
NB The Sandringham Line passes through Balaclava Station, taking about 17minutes to reach Brighton Beach Station.
Distance: 7.1km (Brighton to St Kilda)
Time: 2 hours
We’ll commence our walk around 3:05pm heading along the beach towards the Brighton Beach Boxes. We won’t wait for late comers so arrive on time! Bring a camera for photos. Wear comfortable shoes, BYO water bottle and wear weather appropriate clothing. Don’t forget sun protection.
We walk along the Bay Trail, past the Brighton Baths, yacht club, Elwood beach and canal, arriving in St Kilda around 4:45pm.
ST KILDA FESTIVAL
By the time we arrive we’ll need a rest and some food! The full program for the festival is available here.
With over 100 stalls and venues offering a range of food and drinks, there’ll be plenty of options available to us. Keep in mind that you will likely be waiting in line for quite some time to make your purchase.
NB Food and drink is not included in your ticket.
Click here to learn more about the festival, including festival etiquette, emergency management, first aid, food and drink, market stalls, alcohol etc.
Bring a little pocket money so you can support local artists who sell their wares at the festival. A great place to buy gifts.
At 5:30pm your host will be preparing to depart. You are encouraged to continue socialising with everyone you met at the event.
- $30 | Basic member / Non-member
- $20 | Mojo
- $0 | Social-Lite, Social-Plus, Social-Ultra
- + $5 late fee (less than 48hours prior to event)
- + EventBrite fees (5% + $0.99c)
- BONUS: 2.5hrs FREE hosting (Limited offer. Normally $5/hr)
In addition to the meal and/or activity, your ticket covers pre-event costs such as research, vetting venues, planning, organising, insurance, administration & customer service, utilities, marketing, materials & co-ordinating the event to bring everyone together. Membership fees help cover these costs too.
This isn’t speed dating. Use your initiative during the event; move around and introduce yourself to new people.
- “Have you been to St Kilda Festival before?”
- “Are you from Bayside or Melbourne?”
- “Are you booked in to attend another ORGANIC FUSIONS event?”
- “Do you visit Brighton much?”
Keep in mind that these are “closed” questions (yes or no answer)… but a good way to start.
Try “open” questions such as:
- “What did you get up to yesterday?”
- “What other ORGANIC FUSIONS events are you planning to go to?”
- “How far did you have to travel to get here?”
“Open” questions require more than a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response.
When you ask someone a question, take interest and listen to their answer… that will often prompt new ideas for questions!
Phone etiquette: If you need to take an important call or text, please excuse yourself from the group. This show of courtesy will be well received by those in your group as respectful and polite.
SHARING YOUR DETAILS
Don’t forget to offer your details to the people you meet; GIVE details. Don’t ASK.
I enjoyed our little chat… here’s my number (give business card or your digits written on a piece of paper). If I don’t see you at another event, hopefully we can catch up for another chat or a drink sometime.
Easy! You can also catch up with people through the wing-woman Facebook group.
- We are a social group. We network to make new connections. People join us to make friends, enjoy companionship, have new experiences or to meet someone special.
- ORGANIC FUSIONS is not a matching or dating service. An even amount of males / females is not guaranteed.
- Age brackets are just a guide. Anyone over 18 is welcome to purchase a ticket. We connect by sharing stories and experiences, and by participating in activities of common interest… (not by birth year).
- Group size: 6-20 plus host
- This is an inclusive event. Straight and LGBTQIA+ singles welcome.
- Had a good time? Leave a Facebook and Google review and share with your friends
IF OUT OF STOCK…
Join the waitlist by emailing email@example.com with the subject “WAITLIST Beach Walk St Kilda Fest 2019” – you will be notified if a vacancy arises according to the order received.
Social Events. Creating Connections.